On November 29, 2018, we will meet with students, youth organisation members, teachers, youth workers to talk about “Youth: Keeping Us Accountable on the SDGs”.
At the Forum to celebrate Youth Month in Jamaica, three panels will be convened to discuss how young people can be involved in achieving the targets for SDG8 on Decent Work and SDG16 on Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
Below are download links to useful resources on each topic:
Youth Employment and the Future Economy
- Labour Market Trends and Prospects for Employment Opportunities in Jamaica
- CDB Report – Youth are the Future: Imperative of Employment
Youth Participation: the Key to Peace and Security
- The Missing Peace: Independent Progress Study on Youth, Peace and Security (Full Version)
- The Missing Peace: Independent Progress Study on Youth, Peace and Security (Security Council Version)
- Youth, Peace and Security Case Study, Jamaica
- Ministry of National Security, Jamaica – Five-Pillar Strategy for Crime Prevention and Citizen Security
- National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) 2016 Final Report, Jamaica
Youth Policy and Youth Political Participation
- Revised National Youth Policy of Jamaica 2017 – 2030
- DRAFT Caribbean synthesis report on the implementation of the Lisbon declaration on Youth policies and programmes, UNECLAC